Sunday, April 12, 2009

Phoenix is being put on the American map











So the French band (no, not the place) is being put on the American music scene -map. The blogosphere seems to be in love with this band  now after their "phenomenal" SNL performance. Blogs like stereogum , huffington, and also the more hipster edged magazine Spin seemed to rave their perf. I didn't really see what was so spectacular about it. I mean, I've been listening to this band before all those lame SNL viewers started claiming Phoenix to be the cool band of the month. 
I personally like the band's older songs like "Too Young" which they played at SNL. 
But my point is that the internet's viral impact is clear. The blogosphere and youtube is really helping these bands gain more recognition in the states since they are far more popular in Europe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment